Friday, July 24, 2015

Grows and Gains

I'm feeling all kinds of mommy guilt.
I went back in my blog to read about Kaelynn's first month, because Harlow's a month today.
Kaelynn was having weekly weigh ins from birth and just regained birth weight at a month and a half. At 1 month, she was 6lbs 9oz (7lbs 4oz at birth).
Due to her ties and my hormonal issues (PCOS), she just wasn't gaining fast enough. I didn't know what we could do to fix her. The lactation consultant we had, gave me bad information (same one for Harlow too).
I showed Jake the side by side of Harlow and he said "she looks good, she was too skinny".
I look at Kaelynn's pics and she was too skinny.
The things we know now. If I could, I would go back and fix Kaelynn's mouth too. Obviously, she's fine now..but that would explain why she never slept, constantly nursing and was only semi happy.

1 comment:

  1. We all look back and wish we did things differently. Don't have too much guilt, though. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete