Friday, November 23, 2012

Busy Day Off

    
     Yesterday was a long day. It was my day off from work, USA Thanksgiving. It started with me just sorting laundry and chilling at home. I had to leave for a 2pm doctors appointment, dropped off my forms at the hospital for giving birth, hung around the ER with a friend for about an hour, went for a pedicure, and then shopped at the mall.

     Everything at the doctors went well. I even had the female resident that I like. Everything seemed fine. When she was doing the dopplar, K was even kicking the machine constantly. The one thing that's always amazed me is just by them touching they can assume where the baby is (my boss said she could feel the baby too). I touch and all I feel is my fat.

     I hopped a bus and dropped my forms off to be admitted. A semi-private room is $215/night vs $255/night for a private room. Our insurance is 100% coverage, so we will get the money back anyway. for $40 difference, I'm getting a private room. Hopefully it wont be lonely.
I then walked around the corner and met up with my friend and her friend. She had to drive her friend to the ER because she had stomach pains. We actually had to leave her there alone. Turns out, she needed her appendix out (and is still there - I'm texting her).

     Afterwards, we went back to the school where we took Esthetics and had the new students do our pedicures. We got spa pedis (scrub and paraffin) and just hung out. Yes, it was nice because someone was able to paint my nails for me (even shaving my legs is getting complex), but it was $22. It was nice being able to see some of my old teachers/technicians. They said I didn't look pregnant. HAHA.

     At the mall we went looking for somethings for my friend's engagement photos. We picked up a shirt and jeans for her. I also managed to pick up my boyfriend's Christmas present at a store I had been eyeing for a while. I am still dubious if it will fit. I have 7 days to fully return it, so I am going to try it on me and see if it fits. For a LARGE, it looked smallish. Good thing I am great at keeping reciepts.

     This coming Monday, my shift at work changes and I start at 10am. I will lose money, but I am hoping I did the math right and still make maternity leave. I used if I made 20hours/week, I would make it (but have to work until Feb8th). My coworker who has her last day today is going on mat leave and did some math for me too- if I work 15hours/week, I will still be working about 2 weeks until birth. Its definately better than not making it at all, and good thing the job isnt all that hard and my time walking will be knocked down (specially in the dark winter). We will have a new manager, so we'll see how hours go.

     Boyfriend has today off and is still in bed (its 10:38am). I am going to go put on some coffee for him...and maybe throw Bandit at him. K is hiccuping all over! I guess she liked her Cheerios.

No comments:

Post a Comment