Friday, December 27, 2013

A week of Christmas

     This has been a crazy week of visits and visitors.
Monday: Monday, we went to my mom's house for Christmas. We waited for the bus for 30 mins, apparently that's how long it took for it to leave the mall. We made it, and so did my older brother who we've not talked to in years. It was very informal, presents and pizza. Kaelynn got a Glo-Worm from Grandma. I love it. Uncle Eric also gave her her first LITTLE PEOPLE.
Tuesday: Daddy and aunt Sarah had to go to work, but in the afternoon, everyone came over to our place for dinner. Great grandparents, great aunts and second cousins (plus a boyfriend). Food was good, company was pleasant. Kaelynn got a doll she is a bit too young for, but we found hilarious. It's a potty training doll that sings and has a bottle. She decided she wanted the bottle. She also received her first sled from her great grandparents and great aunt Jen.
Wednesday: We stayed in our pjs all day and opened eachothers gifts. Daddy got us large penguins and a deer. We got her THE HUNGRY PELICAN, because she has an obsession with feeding people. I think she likes it.
Thursday: Boxing day. We did Christmas with my dad. Breakfast and shopping. I got deals on her birthday gifts. We also had Dad get us a together gift. We got a toy organizer. This little baby has a lot of toys.
Friday: Today, we hung out with a best friend from out west who is home for the holidays. She loved the hugging mugs I got her and I loved the "my first fish bowl" toy she got Kaelynn. They go well with her pelican. I love the hedgehogs she crocheted me. We did some running around and errands, I got a cactus garden from the toy store (hello plants) and other baby things needed (baby booties and little people BEAUTY & THE BEAST). My other friend and her family dropped by to drop off gifts: piano for baby and donut maker for mama.
Saturday: to be announced. We have a play date in the country with friends.

*many things missing because it's 10:40pm and I am in bed. Kaelynn keeps waking up every hour in the night. Not cool baby girl. Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment