Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pinterest Problems

    Friday is my partner's birthday. Within the household, we've all split on a gift for him. I wanted to do something special for him, from just us. For the past 8 years, I've either made or bought his cake. This year, there was Pinterest.

     Carrot cake is his favourite, so I looked up "carrot cake". I found a carrot cheesecake. Done! Yesterday, I grated carrots, assembled ingredients and baked. And re-baked. I had it in for 70 min & there was still a large jiggling center. After dinner, it went back in for 45 minutes.
     Today, I made cream cheese icing and DIY fondant.I've heard bad things about marshmallow fondant. I think I did good. I was able to work with it (my sculpting leaves something to be desired). I also found our that trying to make cute little rosettes with cream cheese icing isn't easy.
     Tomorrow, we eat cake!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment