Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mama senses are tingling

     I guess it all started the day that I found out I was pregnant.

     For weeks, I had been feeling weird. Like, the feeling pre-cold/flu. I was unsure if it was illness or just stress from exams and finally (almost) being finished college for Esthetics. When I feel ill, I always grab a mint of some sort (candy or fresh). The only thing on hand when my friend and I were on the way to the mall were crystal mints. I popped one in my mouth. Bad idea.
     All I could taste was the corn syrup in the candy. The mint was not even appealing. I just thought the candy was off.
      Since then I had noticed others of my favourite foods rebelling on me.
  Roast turkey from my favourite deli tasted like chicken. Babybel cheese just tasted like plastic. Onions and garlic made me run to the bathroom. Polski Olgorki (polish pickles) tasted like dill pickle chips. I could taste all the fake sugary substances in candy.
      I  am not a very picky eater, but when you can't have your go tos....
            Yet, some things have never tasted so good. Rock on fresh fruits!

      Then it was the smells. I have always had a sensitive nose. What I found was that people really smell bad. Be it, over use of scents, no use of scents, bad breath, cigarette smoke, and whatever filth humans get them selves into.
Aside from people smelling bad, the world smells bad. Stains on the pavement, garbage, cooking, animals, cars, and anything the heat warms up.

   It's garbage night and I can promise that when I walk to the bus to get to work, people will have their trash sitting on the curb already. Time to don my pregnancy bubble and get ready for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment