Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Physio Tuesday

     We woke up bright and early and made it to the physiotherapy appointment right on time. Normally, I like to arrive early but no one wants to sit in the Children's Outpatient Clinic longer than needed. I spend about 5 minutes trying to make their self check in work. 20 minutes later, we are in the room....when she wasn't trying to run away from the room.

     The doctors ask me if I've seen any improvement. I say it's about the same. However; they notice improvement because they see her once every 2 months. Some mom friends we ran into at the mall agree that she is straighter.

     I have forms to fill out for a charity to get her a TOT Collar, a doctors note and am now waiting on notice of assessments. They said that she would be a good candidate for the collar. She would only need it about 4-6 hours a day at home when awake (and more so when she is being still/lazy). There are 2 more options, leave it as is and hope as she grows it will figure itself out or small surgery to clip and loosen her muscle when she is older.

     We go back in 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment