Friday, June 13, 2014

Bye bye crib!!

    It's official. The Crib Wars are over. The child has won over the adult. And it was pretty damn scary too.

     I put her in the crib tonight and she was not happy about it. Sometimes, it needs to happen. She was losing her mind and was in there maybe 5 minutes before stuff started to get thrown around. I heard a plastic thump and said "Bye bye Woody". Then, I heard a loud, yet squishy thump and crying. Her Dad and I both ran into her room. She was sitting on the floor, beside Pooh bear, crying. I picked her up and tried to calm her. She put her arms out for her dad. I passed him over and she wanted me again. I brought her to bed and nursed her to sleep.
     I really want to know how she got out. J suggests that she used the 2 blankets that were in there to get out, piled up. Good theory, only they weren't in a pile when we picked her up. It's really not cool to escape. J over exaggerates and said "this is how we get dead babies". If she landed wrong, sadly, yes.

     A friend offered us her old race car bed that's just been sitting in a closet. We have to clean it, but that's ok. I am going to spray paint it with Krylon's GLOSSY WATERMELON colour. Every little girl needs a pink race car, right?!

      Let the Car Wars begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment