Monday, May 27, 2013

Parental post-partum depression

This is a hard one for me to write. It doesn't just concern me, but J. 
     Everyone is always so concerned with the mothers post-partum depression, but what about the fathers? 
     This comes after trying to put Kaelynn down lastnight. I put her to bed & she started to scream bloody murder. J picked her up & she just kept screaming. I went in the room & apparently she stopped screaming- all I could hear was her screaming still. She just got distracted because someone else came in the room. I took her from Daddy & gave her some boob. That calmed her, it's my default.
     I try to explain to him that she sees me 24/7. That when she's fussy, I stick a boob in her mouth. It's nothing against him. 
     When he comes home from work, she's happy & talkative. She likes the time spent with him. She gets inconsolable when she's overtired & there's not much anyone can do. Lately, we're back to sleeping on the couch because she keeps waking during the night. 
     I just don't know what to do about the emotions hanging heavy around the house. I'm dealing with feeling sad & useless & taken for granted then throw in his feelings of useless & being unloved by his baby, it just makes things worse. I feel all the emotions swirling around & am tired/stressed. They say it gets easier...I think they lied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment