Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Reality of Reality


     I have been watching random reality tv on Netflix because I find it interesting. Shows like Sister Wives and Jon & Kate Plus 8. Jake dislikes that I waste my time with such nonsense because it just makes me dumb. I watch it because other people's lives who are vastly different from mine intrigue me. The other day Jake told me to get some friends if other people intrige me. It's hard for me to make friends. I just feel so awkward. Even at Mother's Circle, I feel strange and alien. I just feel like I don't fit in and I don't know what I have to do to fit in. I have some friends, but they have busy lives and even now I feel like I am a bother. I guess this not working time has been giving me time to reflect and feel lonesome. I know I have to change so Kaelynn will be able to interact and become a stable, friendly individual. I like to think I am friendly and approachable....

     I am currently making lactation cookies. I am on Domperidone, and taking Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek supplements. Anything I can do to help boost milk supply, more so since I think Kaelynn is going through a growth spurt. She's been sleepy, fussy, and wanting to nurse all the time. My production has increased, but it could be better. In a 2-3 day span, I can freeze about 5oz of milk.

     Kaelynn is currently sleeping, so I can clean up from baking and clean up the livingroom. I am also going to call around and see if I can find a Meyer Lemon tree/price of one. I would like Kaelynn to have a Birth Tree, only we rent. If I can find a reasonably priced container tree, that would be perfect. It can go in her room during the winter months, and I am thinking if it's citrus, the cats would leave it alone.

Lactation Cookie Recipe
 Preheat oven to 375F
... Cooking time 10-12 mins
Serves 36 cookies

1 cup butter/margarine **
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3 cups oats
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips
½ cup slivered almonds
2 tbsp brewers yeast
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp flaxseed meal

1. Mix flax and water and set aside for 3 mins (it makes a runny paste)
2. Cream butter and sugars, add eggs
3. Add flaxseed mix, then vanilla
4. Combine dry ingredients except oats, raisins, almonds.
5. Add butter mixture to the dry mix
6. Stir in oats, raisins/chocolate chips, and almonds
7. Using two teaspoons, drop dough onto non-stick cookie sheet
8. Bake for 10-12 mins at 375F
9. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack when they are warm, not cold, and not when just fresh out of the oven.
10. ENJOY!
1-4 cookies a day can help to boost milk supply as required. Avoid oats, flax, brewers yeast if you have an oversupply. Yummy cookies are safe for all ages and genders to eat.

**For a lighter cookie you can use 2/3 cup of becel light and 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce in place of the 1 cup of butter.**

No comments:

Post a Comment