Friday, March 1, 2013

I don't know how it's done


     Sure, she looks all cute and cuddly now, but you should have seen her lastnight.
Jake went to his Thursday paintball meeting lastnight and Kaelynn was fine and in bed. However, throughout the night when it came time to feed her, she got fussy. I had her in bed with me and she was fine, ie: less fussy. Around 3am, when daddy came home, nothing could soothe her. We went to the chair and watched tv/slept/fed. This morning it was a bit more of the same. I took advantage of her crying fit to give her a bath, she would cry anyway. It seemed like she wanted to feed every hour. I let her. The pamphlet from the lactation coach said it was ok for short snacks, 10mins, so I did that.
I have taken 2 of the 3 pills so far of Domperidone. We'll see if that helps increase my milk. At least giving her the Supplemental Nursing System (feeding tube) is getting better.

     I have no idea how people who have twins or even babies close in age do it. My younger brother and I are 18 months apart, and that seems close. Mom had to deal with 2 toddlers and a new born. Crazy. I would have gone crazy. I feel like I am going crazy now.
     I felt fine after the pregnancy, but now I just feel like crying randomly. It's even worse when shse doesn't want to be fed, diaper doesn't need to be changed, she won't burp, and holding her doesn't help.

     She's asleep and needs a feeding soon. I am going to go prep her SNS with the 1.5oz I pumped earlier and brown some beef cubes for stew

1 comment:

  1. Three week growth spurt. Offer her a boob every time she fusses, even if she has just eaten. It is exhausting but cluster feeding is normal!

    ReplyDelete